Tuesday, January 15, 2008

French Trellis Scarf




This is the French Trellis scarf from p98 of Victorian Lace Today, but instead of the bramble centre from the book, I substituted the centre from another scarf in the book. It's simpler than the bramble one, and I wanted something that would be a little less busy. 

The filling that I substituted gives a definite bias to the fabric, as you can see in the photo of it before blocking. I didn't block it really severely - the bottom photo shows the scarf with one end blocked and one end not. 

The yarn is Elann's Pure Alpaca Fina - a little itchy round my neck, but lovely and soft and light to work with. I hope the recipient likes it and doesn't find it itchy. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Oooo pretty! The recipient is very lucky.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Georgiann said...

Beautiful scarf!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home